The 4th-6th Grade Language Arts courses include the following components:
- Nine carefully crafted literature studies*
- Nine engaging writing studies* to help your child develop skills in essay writing, creative writing, public speaking, letter writing, and poetry.
- Enrolled students receive a personal account on IXL, an online learning software which teaches and reinforces foundational language arts skills.
- Enrolled students receive a personal typing.com account.
*Three, full-year literature and writing studies are for 4th, 5th and 6th Grades combined. Visit our Trailblazers Literature and Writing Studies to learn about our offerings for 2021-2022. The Voyagers Literature and Writing Studies will be available for 2022-2023. The Pathfinders Literature and Writing Studies will be available for 2023-2024.
For the 4th-6th Grade courses, Ensign Peak Academy provides:
- A caring mentor (enrolled students only)
- Suggested schedule and pacing guide
- Access to our carefully designed lessons in Canvas, our online learning management system, with step-by-step lessons
- Nine literature studies, each comprising four weeks of study. Literature studies include discussion questions, assignments and activities for each book. Literature studies use a variety of tools to facilitate discussion between mentors and students.
- Nine writing projects, one for each four weeks of school, with step-by-step instructions and videos made for your child.
- Suggested enrichment activities
- Family read-aloud suggestions
- Monthly individual mentor meetings. (enrolled students only)
- One monthly book club, for the month’s book study, typically held on the 3rd Wednesdays. The book club includes discussion and an activity. Book Club will follow the Trailblazers literature list for the 2020-2021 school year. (enrolled students only)
For the 4th-6th Grade courses, parents provide:
- Daily accountability and support
- Access to a computer or tablet (Visit our Technology page for complete details.)
- Materials necessary to complete the activities and assignments, including any needed books.
- Access to the Zoom meeting platform and headphones with microphone (enrolled students only) (Visit our Technology page for complete details.)
- Reinforcement of good online etiquette
- Suggested enrichment opportunities
- Lots of love!
To learn more about the literature and writing projects included in each schedule click the links below:
Trailblazers Literature and Writing Studies (Available 2021-2022)
Voyagers Literature and Writing Studies (Future Release)
Pathfinders Literature and Writing Studies (Future Release)