The 4th-6th Grade Language Arts courses include the following components:
- Nine carefully crafted literature studies.
- Nine engaging writing projects to help your child develop skills in essay writing, creative writing, public speaking, letter writing, and poetry.
- Enrolled students receive a personal account on IXL, an online learning software which teaches and reinforces foundational Language Arts skills.
- Enrolled students receive a personal typing.com account.
Ensign Peak Academy’s Language Arts courses may be taken either independently or enrolled.
For the 4th-6th Grade program, Ensign Peak Academy provides:
- A caring mentor (enrolled students only)
- Suggested schedule and pacing guide
- Access to our carefully designed lessons in Canvas, our online learning management system, with step-by-step lessons
- Nine literature studies, each comprising four weeks of study. Literature studies include discussion questions, assignments and activities for each book. Literature studies use a variety of tools to facilitate discussion between mentors and students.
- Nine writing projects, one for each four weeks of school, with step-by-step instructions and videos made for your child.
- Suggested enrichment activities
- Family read-aloud suggestions
- Monthly individual mentor meetings. (enrolled students only)
- One monthly book club, for the month’s book study, typically held on the 3rd Wednesdays. The book club includes discussion and an activity. (enrolled students only)
For the 4th-6th Grade courses, parents provide:
- Daily accountability and support
- Access to a computer or tablet (Visit our Technology page for complete details.)
- Materials necessary to complete the activities and assignments, including any needed books.
- Access to the Zoom meeting platform and headphones with microphone (enrolled students only) (Visit our Technology page for complete details.)
- Reinforcement of good online etiquette
- Suggested enrichment opportunities
- Lots of love!
4th-6th Grade Literature and Writing courses are divided into three schedules, each named after a type of adventurer. Schedules may be taken in any order. For the 2021-2022 school year, Book Club will follow the Trailblazers literature list. To learn more about the literature and writing projects included in each schedule click the links below:
Trailblazers Literature and Writing Studies (Available 2021-2022)
Voyagers Literature and Writing Studies (Future Release)
Pathfinders Literature and Writing Studies (Future Release)