The Kindergarten-1st Grade Language Arts courses include the following components:
- Teaching Your Children to Read Using the Book of Mormon Unit 1
- A carefully crafted schedule of literature studies, with corresponding activities to enjoy with your child.
- Enrolled students receive a personal account on IXL, an online learning software which teaches and reinforces foundational Language Arts skills.
For the Kindergarten-1st Grade program, Ensign Peak Academy provides:
- Suggested schedule and pacing guide
- Access to our thoughtfully designed lessons in Canvas, our online learning management system, with step-by-step lessons
- Caring support from mentors and administrators
- A book list of suggested read aloud books which promote wholesome values and enjoyment along with discussion questions and gospel connections. (Video links for each book are provided to avoid the cost of purchasing the books.)
- Two portfolio reviews each year (Enrolled students only)
For the Kindergarten-1st Grade program, parents provide:
- Daily instruction and accountability
- Access to a computer or tablet (Visit our Technology page for complete details)
- Materials necessary to complete the activities and assignments
- Lots of Love!
Parents of enrolled students are responsible to keep a portfolio of their child’s work and a list of books read by the child individually and read-aloud for review with a caring Ensign Peak Academy Mentor. Parents of kindergarten and first grade students should plan to attend the twice yearly mentor meetings with their children.
Kindergarten and First Grade Literature studies are divided into two schedules, each named after a type of adventurer. Schedules may be taken in any order. To learn more about the literature included in each schedule click the links below:
Pioneers Literature Studies (Available 2021-2022)
Travelers Literature Studies (Future Release)