Join Me, Diann Jeppson, on my 2019 Seminar Tour!
Over the past 20 years, I’ve given countless seminars to hundreds of parents throughout the US and Canada. After a year off, to build and launch Ensign Peak Academy, it’s time to hit the road again!
Moms and Dads – I want to help you to become truly great teachers and mentors for your children.
The Family Centered Education Seminar
An exciting 2-day workshop experience
Presented by Diann Jeppson (Read Bio Here)
As a long time family education coach, I am dedicated to helping your family enjoy a full, rich learning adventure, whether you chose to homeschool or enroll the children in school.
When it comes to the education of our children, there’s nothing worse than having our plans fall flat!
We want them to thrive, and so we invite, coax, strongly suggest, bribe, beg, threaten or just wait and hope they decide to move.
- Should we buy a new curriculum package?
- Sign them up for an online class?
- Hire a tutor?
- Become better organized?
- Take a course on mentoring?
After more than twenty five years of being a homeschooling parent, I can still recall the acute pain I felt as a young mother, at the discovery that teaching children isn’t simply a matter of having the best curriculum. I know that sounds rather naïve, but it was actually a hugely important realization, which led me on a journey…
To discover the skills and understanding of how to succeed with family centered education.
That journey led me through dozens of books on education and family development and then to hundreds of interviews with parents – exposing me to a broad spectrum of scenarios, challenges and solutions. My vision has always been to find patterns for building great families that produce wise and virtuous individuals.
It has been the most exciting adventure of my life – to deeply engage with every single one of these life changing discoveries in my own family.
Now I want to make available all of my best discoveries, for parents who share my passion for family and education.
I’ve created a powerful and life-changing 2-day, workshop-style seminar for moms and dads who want to take their family’s education to the next level. And you are invited!
9:00 am – 12:30 pm Your Family Centered Education Map
- Know and use the Why, the What and the How of Family Centered Education
- What it looks like for children to learn to appreciate, understand, seek for and enjoy the good, the true and the beautiful.
- Your Family Education Master Plan – an in-depth workshop designed to walk you through drafting your own plan, with nine key elements to define what learning time will consist of… next Monday, and the rest of the year too!
- How to prepare for, create, and record a family vision, to allow you to “see” the hoped for outcome of the education in your home.
12:30 – 1:30 Potluck Lunch
1:30 – 5:00 Great Teaching and Learning Methods
- Understand four amazing tools, in the great work of inspiring, that you can put to immediate use.
- Gain the ability to see your children’s emerging interests with new eyes, to enable you to respond more effectively.
- Cultivating a lifelong love for learning through the use of twelve learning and teaching strategies
- Learn a proven strategy for constructing an engaging lesson on any topic, for a group of students.
- See the essential connection between family relationships and the success of your educational efforts.
9:00 am – 12:30 pm Family Education Systems – Part I
- Family Learning Time: How to create systems for incorporating a broad spectrum of topics into your education strategy.
- Family Reading Time: Where and how to select the best books to read in your home, with strategies to establish or improve and overcome challenges with family reading.
- Family Devotional: A simple process to help you hand-pick important ideas, resources and systems to use for the spiritual education of your children.
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Potluck Lunch
1:30 – 5:00 Family Education Systems – Part II
- Learn essential elements for a system for family work, with tips for teaching adult skills to your children in an easy and systematic fashion.
- Discover the power of mentor meetings – a terrific system for nurturing relationship, while encouraging and challenging children to engage in deeper and more meaningful ways with their studies.
- Find out how to develop an effective schedule that fits the season and rhythm of your family.
What Does the Seminar Look Like?
For many of us, our minds grasp ideas best when they are put into a diagram – so I’ve created this graphic to help you see how the Family Centered Education seminar parts fit together:
The Family Centered Education Seminar covers each area in this diagram, with clear explanations, examples, stories, and workshop activities to help you create family centered education in your home.
I’ve had the privilege of mentoring hundreds of parents. In addition, I’ve listening carefully to the comments and questions of Family Centered Education seminar attendees, in dozens of seminar settings, throughout the US and Canada.
This seminar represents the ideas and input of many parents, collected through surveys, focus groups, seminar comments, and of course more interviews. I am happy to report that dozens of improvements have been included in the current seminar, thanks to the input of parents who have attended the seminar and used my online Family Centered Education Course. I want you to benefit from it too.
Babes-in-arms are welcome.
Parents are invited to attend on their own, or with their spouse.
It’s time for the start of a new way of thinking about and planning your children’s education, so that you can stop bribing, begging, threatening or just waiting and hoping that great learning will happen.
It’s time for the end of uncertainty and disorganization, the end of a lack of vision and a lack of long-term plans and daily strategies that work.
Register to Attend the Seminar
Admission: $65 for one day, $95 for both days
Spouse Admission: $30 for one day, $45 for both days
Attendees may select both or either days since each is a stand-alone presentation
Click City and Dates to Register
- 50% discount off enrollment in the online Family Centered Education Course
- 50% discount access to the Ensign Peak Academy Elementary School Independent Use Program
Interested in hosting a seminar in your city? Contact Diann about host benefits and booking.
Optional Evening Session: Parliamentary Procedure Seminar
This seminar is offered during the same weekends and at the same locations as the Family Centered Education Seminars.
Well-suited for ages 10 to adult
Time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Admission: $10 per person; $25 per family
Click City and Date to Register:
Orem: March 22, 2019 (Friday)
Denver: March 29, 2019 (Friday)
Phoenix: April 20, 2019 (Saturday)
Idaho Falls: April 26, 2019 (Friday)
St. George: May 3, 2019 (Friday)
Presenter: Diann Jeppson
“It is difficult to find another branch of knowledge where a small amount of study produces such great results in increased efficiency in a country where the people rule, as in parliamentary law.” -Henry M. Robert
You are invited to attend a 3-hour basic seminar in parliamentary procedure, taught in a fun, interactive style, with plenty of simulated deliberations. We will cover these topics:
- Basic Principles
- How to Write Effective and Enduring Bylaws
- Making Motions
- Forms of Voting
- Forms of Assembly
- Forms of Rules
- The Order of Business in a Meeting
- Working with Committees
- Taking Minutes
This seminar uses Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised (RONR), 11th Edition, the parliamentary authority used by 95% of all organizations in North America.
Optional Evening Sessions: Personal Mentoring
Parents are invited to sign up for a 30-minute personal mentoring session with Diann Jeppson, to address specific concerns and questions related to your family’s education.
Sessions are available for pre-registration, in some cities, one of of the evenings, between 6:00 – 9:00 pm, on the same weekends and at the same locations as the Family Centered Education Seminars.
$35 per session
Perhaps you need support regarding…
- Engaging a reluctant learner
- Taking your first steps as a new homeschooler
- Teaching multiple ages
- Homeschooling with little ones
- Options for middle and high schoolers
- College planning for homeschoolers
- Dad’s role in the homeschool
- Your own education
- Or any other topic associated with your family’s education