Open to All Youth, Ages 12-18
Parents love Simulations Week because…
- Youth return home filled with a desire to take their education to a new level.
- Students learn diplomacy, negotiation and compromise.
- Youth gain more confidence in themselves and their capacity to make decisions.
- Students gain hope in their future.
Youth love Simulations Week because…
- They get to experience a rich, adult-level challenge with the freedom to navigate it as they choose.
- They make lots of terrific new friends!
- They get to talk with and learn from some amazing mentors, who love them.
- They enjoy sharing their talents with each other, and cheering for each other.
What is Simulations Week?
Middle and high school students have an opportunity to gather in person, from around the nation to…
- Engage in realistic, hypothetical high-stakes scenarios
- Strengthen their ability to respond to crisis
- Practicing the art of persuasion
- Beyond fantasy role playing
- Do not follow a script
- Problems that requires the youth attendees to negotiate, compromise, persuade, debate, strategize, and challenge each other
- Invite students to use their wits and their knowledge to create and engage ideas to solve the problems together.
Evening activities provide…
- Exciting and interesting opportunities for youth to associate together for friendship
- Strengthen meaningful relationships
- Game night
- “Improv Night” (talent and variety show)
- A fireside and testimony meeting
- A formal youth banquet
- A family ball.
Visit our Simulations Week page for complete details.