Open to All Youth, Ages 12-18
Parents love Simulations Week because…
- Youth return home filled with a desire to take their education to a new level.
- Students learn diplomacy, negotiation and compromise.
- Youth gain more confidence in themselves and their capacity to make decisions.
- Students gain hope in their future.
Youth love Simulations Week because…
- They get to experience a rich, adult-level challenge with the freedom to navigate it as they choose.
- They make lots of terrific new friends!
- They get to talk with and learn from some amazing mentors, who love them.
- They enjoy sharing their talents with each other, and cheering for each other.
What is Simulations Week?
Middle and high school students have an opportunity to gather in person, from around the nation to…
- Engage in realistic, hypothetical high-stakes scenarios
- Strengthen their ability to respond to crisis
- Practicing the art of persuasion
- Beyond fantasy role playing
- Do not follow a script
- Problems that requires the youth attendees to negotiate, compromise, persuade, debate, strategize, and challenge each other
- Invite students to use their wits and their knowledge to create and engage ideas to solve the problems together.
Evening activities provide…
- Exciting and interesting opportunities for youth to associate together for friendship
- Strengthen meaningful relationships
- Game night
- “Improv Night” (talent and variety show)
- A fireside and testimony meeting
- A formal youth banquet and ball
What are parents saying about Simulations Week?
What are youth saying about Simulations Week?
Simulations Week is held each year in Utah, during the last week in June.
Annual Scenario Schedule
2021: Crossfire on the Floor: A Legislative Simulation – Student impersonate Congressmen and Senators, to propose and debate bills.
2022: The Surprise Summit: An Out of This World Social Experiment – Students impersonate heads of state and draft proposals to solve some of the world’s most compelling challenges.
2023: The Clash of the Cultures – Students pretend to be members of various historical cultures, brought together to create a unified society.
2024: Choose Your Own Adventure – Students choose to compose music, create art, write a constitution, invent a new business, choreograph new dances, invent new sports, or design architecture. scroll down to learn about the 2020 event!
Simulations are awesome!!!
- Explore courageous solutions to futuristic scenarios
- Practice communication, persuasion and leadership
- Apply your knowledge and test your wisdom
- Discover human nature
- Experience teamwork and group deliberation
As used by top colleges and industries throughout the world, simulations are a proven way to prepare for real action, influence and critical decision making.
2021 Simulations Week Tuition
Tuition: $299 per person
- Simulation experience
- Overnight lodging in twin bed, on Tues, Wed and Thurs nights. Bring your own sheets and blanket or sleeping bag, pillow, towel and soap.
- Breakfast on Wed, Thurs and Fri
- Lunch on Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri
- Dinner on Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri
- Evening activities on Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri
- Family Ball admission for immediate family members of youth attendees
Chaperones: Ensign Peak Academy mentors and staff will chaperone the youth in the dorms and meeting rooms.
This event is produced for Ensign Peak Academy Middle and High School Students and is also open to the public. It is produced to serve members and friends of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Ensign Peak Academy is designed to teach members and friends of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; however, it is not endorsed by or affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The views expressed herein are the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the position of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.